Family Day at the WVU Farm
Saturday, October 15, 2011
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A perfect event whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart! Enjoy a fall afternoon at the West Virginia University Farm. Experience fun, hands-on activities and displays from the Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design and the WVU Extension Service.
Family Day at the WVU Farm is a part of an 18 month celebration marking 150 years since West Virginia University’s declaration as a Land Grant University. All students, parents, faculty, staff, and members of the Morgantown community are welcome to attend.
The event is free and open to the public. Light snacks will be available to guests and parking will be available on-site.
Space is limited, so we ask that those planning to attend pre-register at the link above. For questions about registration, please contact University Events at UniversityEvents@mail.wvu.edu or 304.293.8021.
Featured Activities and Demonstrations to Include:
Sheep Sheering Demonstrations
Therapy Dog and Therapy Horse Demonstrations
4-H Activities and Games
Woodsmen Team Presentation
Soap Felting Activity
Grass Land Management
Fashion and Interior Design: Then and Now
Master Gardeners’ Display
Apple Cider Making
The animals who live on the farm will also be on-hand to meet the many visitors who will be stopping by!
Directions to the West Virginia University Farm:
From I – 79
1. Exit I – 79 on to Chaplin Hill Rd.
2. Chaplin Hill Rd becomes US-19/WV-7/Jerry West Blvd/Monongahela Blvd.
3. Turn left onto WV-705/Patteson Dr. Continue to follow WV-705.
4. Turn right onto Chestnut Ridge Rd/WV-705. Continue to follow WV-705.
5. Turn left onto Stewartstown Rd.
6. Turn left onto Animal Science Farm Rd.
From I – 68
1. Exit I – 68 on to Cheat Rd.
2. Continue South on Cheat Rd/CR-857 S.
3. CR-857 S becomes US-119 N.
4. Turn left onto Stewartstown Rd.
5. Take the 1st right onto Animal Science Farm Rd.